The number of complaints about the private school notre-dame de Betharram in France, where Christian students study, for sexual harassment and physical violence has reached 200.
According to the French media reports, a group of victims of the former students of the school announced that today they will file a city prosecutor’s office for another 48 complaints of sexual harassment and physical violence.
Given the additional complaints, the number of former students who stated that they became victims of the school in question, increased to 200.
The Secretary General of Catholic education, responsible for the administrative, pedagogical and spiritual coordination of Catholic private schools in France, Philip Delorm made a statement to the parliamentary commission for the investigation of the case of notot-da-de-Battery.
“We promised these young people and their families that we will educate them humanely, but we violated this promise. Instead, we subjected them to unacceptable cruel treatment and left the scars that they will wear all our lives,” he said.
– Prime Minister Bayr is accused of ignoring complaints
The news published by the MediaPart website on February 5, stated that the current Prime Minister Francois Bire, who held the post of Minister of Education in 1993-1997, was aware of the accusations of sexual and physical violence against children in a private school, which is discussed.
After the opposition issues by Bayru in his speech in parliament on February 11, he said that when he was the Minister of Education, he was not informed of any statements about violence or sexual violence in this school.
Three former employees of this private school aged 93, 69 and 59 years were detained on February 19.
After a complaint of 112 former students of Notre Dame de Betarram, the prosecutor’s office in the last year began an investigation of the alleged violence and sexual harassment in this school from 1960 to 2011.
another 40 people filed a complaint about the school on February 27, 2025.